Mining industry has greater opportunities to employ UAVs for mapping, surveying, and monitoring mining site. Remote sensing operations provide more dense data and automated process to assess and measure quantities of deposits. For mining and quarry mapping, Woot Tech’s drones can deliver incredibly detailed 3D models to provide detailed imagery inside the open pit. It enables precise measurement of volumes, face heights, and gradients.
UAVs can provide:
- Ground and surface mapping, terrain, and relief studies and exploration, identifying terrain changes on the time scale
- Volume estimation in planning of mining works and operations
- Topographic data collection by means of the aerial photography in remote areas
- Digital processing of aerial data in the generation of 3D models including digital terrain and surface models
- Quick data acquisition in the decision-making on the improvement and modernization of the infrastructural possibilities and infrastructure traffic load